Green Chana and Mushroom Saag | Tags: Green Chana and Mushroom Saag
- Mushrooms, cut into quarters – 2 cups
- Spinach leaves,blanched and puréed – 1 cup
- Green chana, soaked and boiled – ½ cup
- Olive oil/vegetable oil/ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Onion (medium), Chopped – 1
- Ginger–Green chilli paste (1 small green chilli) – 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomato – 1
- Turmeric – A pinch
- Coriander-cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- On1y Roasted Garlic & Pink Salt – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cream – 1 tbsp
- Ginger julienne – 1 tsp
Ingredients for Kofta
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter cumin seeds, then add onions, salt and cook till the onions turn golden in colour. Add turmeric powder, ginger, green chilli paste and cook till raw flavours are gone.
- Add green chana, tomatoes, coriander-cumin powder,chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow cooking till the tomatoes are soft.
- Now add spinach purée, mushrooms, On1y Roasted Garlic & Pink Salt and mix well and cook for another 5 minutes and serve immediately.
Steps to Prepare Green Chana and Mushroom Saag