Skip to content
- Whole Pomfret Fish – 6 (medium size)
- Onion Paste – 2 tsp
- Ginger Paste – ½ tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Tamarind Paste – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Curry Leaves -10-12
- All-Purpose Flour – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- On1y Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Refined Oil/Olive oil for frying – 3 tbsp
- Take onion paste, ginger – garlic paste, tamarind paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, On1y Black Pepper, salt, all-purpose flour, chopped curry leaves and make a thick paste.
- Rub this paste on the fish and fill the slits with this mixture as well.
- Marinate the fish for at least 2 hours in a refrigerator.
- Take the fish out of the refrigerator just before frying.
- Now take a non-stick pan or tawa and heat oil in it and start shallow frying the Pomfret fish over a medium flame.
- Fry from one side for around 8-10 minutes or till that side is done completely and turned golden brown in color. You can cover the pan with a lid after 5 minutes.
- Flip the fish and then fry from the other side for 8-10 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.