1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. With a mixer, cream butter and shortening together.
3. Add sugar, a little at a time. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
5. Mix in vanilla.
6. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
7. Cool and demould , roll the fondant to
inch thickness and spread over the cake , sprinkle crystals of pink salt on top