1. Preheat your oven to 180C
2. Prepare your eggplant. Cut into thick slices and scrape away excess seeds, place on a plate and cover with salt to draw away the bitterness.
3. Place breadcrumbs, sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon of herbs into a container which is wide enough to dunk the slices of eggplant.
4. Prepare a second container with the water/cornflour mix + extra herbs and a third bowl with the cornflour or plain flour.
5. While still wet, dunk eggplant slices into cornflour (ensure fully coated) and then quickly into the water/cornflour mixture (ensure fully coated), and then finally into the breadcrumb mixture.
6. Fry off in a pan over medium/high heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until starting to go golden brown.
7. Finish off in the oven for about 10 minutes, let them go crispy on the outside.