1. Heat oil in a kadai/pan. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and whole black cardamoms. Saute on a low flame for a minute. When they start to sizzle in oil add minced ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for few seconds.
2. Add chopped onion to the pan and saute until onion becomes translucent (2-3 minutes) and then add tomato puree to the pan. Stir in all the spices one at a time. Give it a good stir.
3. add garam masala and oregano along with the other spices .Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add butter and minced chicken to the gravy. Keep stirring.
4. Once keema is added to the masala it will release some liquid.
5. Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes on a low flame. Bhunno till rich red color of keema returns.
6. If using peas then add those and saute for another 3-4 minutes.Serve hot