2. Put pastry in baking dish prick well, then bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
3. Using a clean tea towel, lightly press down on centre of pastry to form an indentation in the middle.
4. Spread the caramelised onion over the pastry, leaving a 2.5cm edge.
5. Set aside to cool.
6. Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the tomatoes and cook, tossing as you do, for 3 minutes or until the skins blister season with salt and pepper.
7. Slice apples and transfer them on a pan with melted butter and cook them with brown sugar and cinnamon till soft.
8. Arrange the tomatoes over the caramelised onion and place apples on the top.
9. Alternatively you could also arrange sliced red tomatoes with green apple slices
10. Heat 1 tbs oil in the same pan. Add sage and cook for 1 minute or until lightly crisp. Drain then scatter over apples
11. Return tart to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and tomatoes are softened.